As a result of the treaty drawn up on June 21, 1899, and at other points in the succeeding weeks, an immense tract of valuable property was transferred in return for reserves and Treaty rights.
Chief Kenooshuo headed Councillors of eight reserves: Sucker Creek, Driftpile, Kinuso, Wabisca, Sawridge, Whitefish Lake and two small reserves at Grouard. Some of the Councillors were Giroux, Moostos and Chalifioux. Chief Kenooshue represented his own reserve at Driftpile. The Rev. George Holmes and the Rev. George White signed this Treaty on behalf of the Anglican Church. Rev. Father Lacombe and Bishop Grouard in turn signed for the Roman Catholic Church.
Shortly after the signing, surveyors were sent in and the boundaries of all reserves were established.