On Friday, April 25, 1931 the completed church hall was officially opened with the Women’s Auxiliary holding a successful sale of work. In the evening a well-attended dance, with the Oriole Orchestra of Rolla providing the music, brought the official opening to a close.
The Rector, T.D. Proctor organized a church vestry in 1931 with Vic Morrison elected as the first vestry clerk, followed by Edna Kitchen (Hutchison) and Mrs. Edna Jones.
The Sunday School was started in the old town by Mrs. M. Bullen. When the church hall re-opened in Dawson Creek, Mrs. T.D. Proctor was the teacher. In 1932 Edna Kitchen (Hutchison) became supervisor and teacher, a position she held until 1941 when she moved to Fort St. John. Mrs. Edna Jones and Mrs. Vera Wade also assisted in teaching.
St. Mark’s Choir was formed about 1931 and some of the choir members during its early years included Mrs. T.D. Proctor, Mrs. M. Bullen, Mrs. A.P. Everest, Dora Spurling (the late Mrs. H. Pryke), Edna Kitchen (Hutchison), Mrs. W.A. Reasbeck, Mrs. F. Dorey, Mrs. M. Dudley, Mrs. Edna Jones, Fred Dorey, Charles Kitchen, Sr., Harry Giles and A.P. Everest. Besides singing in the choir, Canon Proctor was also its director. The choir participated in several music festivals throughout the district. Among the organists during these early years were Mrs. John Love, Mrs. Marjorie Giles (Daw) and Mrs. Edna Jones.
The Anglican Young People’s Association was formed in 1938 with Art Smith as its first president. Mr. and Mrs. Stan Wade contributed immensely in guiding the newly formed club and Stan was the director of several plays put on by this active group.