From the very first this venture met with grand success and for several years was known as the Rolla Elks Festival. In 1938 Rolla was unable to provide adequate hall space so the festival was moved to Pouce Coupe but continued to be sponsored by the Rolla Elks. The next five years saw continued growth and during this time the festival was held at Pouce Coupe. In 1942 it was decided that due to the pressure of war the festival should be discontinued.
In 1946 the festival was reorganized as the Peace River South Drama and Musical Festival where more adequate facilities were available. In the meantime, the Dawson Creek Lodge No. 289 of Elks had been organized and they were given the opportunity to carry on the good work started by their Rolla brothers. Two successful festivals have been held under the sponsorship of the local Elks . . .
The success of the festival is due to the efforts and support of a great many people, both in the lodge and out, and it would be impossible to name them all.