In 1913, Rev. A.J. Law arrived to organize a Methodist Mission. A log parsonage was built large enough for church services and Sunday school, as well as community events. Rev. Law taught school for four days a week for several months. The first ten children to attend school at Rolla were Bruce Vincent, Emmett Miller, Rachel Miller (Little), Millie Clay, Eunice Miller (Tower), Clyde Miller, Don Vincent, Carl Clay, Mae Miller and Beatrice Burdick. Dana Walton also attended school for awhile at the parsonage.
In 1915 the first government paid teacher, Mr. A.W. Cameron, arrived. For the 1915-16 term there were 12 pupils registered — 8 boys and 4 girls. The first trustees were K.D. Vandewater, G.K. Tower, and Milo Coons.
In Victoria, this school which was held in the Rolla parsonage was registered as the “North Pouce Coupe School”. After one term, Mr. Cameron enlisted in the army and left for The First World War.
In 1916, a log building was erected by the community for the first official school building. It was located on the corner of the McKennon quarter NE section 9, located near Rolla, east and north of the town. Miss Claire Braden was the first teacher in this school. Arriving in Oct. 1916, she taught school in the house belonging to Ben Bryan until Christmas time, when the first school was opened with a community Christmas concert.
This school, also, was registered “North Pouce Coupe”, and kept the name. Miss Braden taught in the school for five years from 1916 to 1921. Mrs. Dorothy Clarke taught for the 1921-22 term. Capt. Lean taught for the 1922-23 term and was the last teacher in the log school.
A new three class-roomed school named the “Rolla School” was built in the town. The log school then was closed. Two rooms were opened up in the new school in September 1923. For the 1923-24 term, Mr. R. Hull had 21 students registered — 9 boys and 12 girls. Miss M.M. Morrow had 30 pupils — 17 boys and 13 girls.
Some other teachers who taught in the 3 room Rolla School were Miss Nain Grimmett, Herbert Thicke, Miss Delpha Barrett and Miss Edna McKenzie (Mrs. Tibbetts). In 1925-26 Miss Patsy Robinson taught the secondary level — Grades 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.